MPD Investigations Division
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
The Macomb Police Department’s Investigation Division handles many different types of cases and handles numerous tasks on a daily basis. These cases and tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Crimes Against Persons: death investigations, robberies, batteries, sexual assaults
- Property Crimes: burglaries, thefts, criminal damage, arsons
- Financial Crimes: deceptive practice, forgeries, money laundering, credit card fraud
- Juvenile Crimes: any crime in which the offender or victim is a juvenile
- Narcotics Investigations: all drug cases (selling/purchasing/possession), drug conspiracy, prescription fraud
- Crime Scene Investigations: processing crime scenes for evidence through various methods, evidence collection
- Crime Prevention: perform surveillance and other activities in an attempt to proactively prevent crimes
Investigators of the Macomb Police Department provide expertise and resources to investigate crimes that happen in the Macomb area. They are able to investigate crimes that are often too complex to be handled by patrol officers and may extend over a significant period of time or extend into other jurisdictions. Cases are investigated until an arrest is made or there are no further leads to pursue in the investigation. The Macomb Police Department’s Investigation Division works closely with area law enforcement agencies to foster cooperation in investigations via information/intelligence sharing, resource sharing, and supplying additional manpower for major cases.
The Investigations Division is supervised by a Lieutenant that oversees day-to-day operations and manages major cases. The division also consists of a Sergeant of Investigations, a full-time Investigator, and two Patrol Investigators; Patrol Investigators primarily handle patrol duties but may assist with investigations when necessary.
Our Investigations Division has received specialized training in several areas. Some of this specialized training would include Homicide Investigation, Sexual Assault Investigation, Child Abuse/Assault Investigation, Computer Crime Investigation, Narcotics Investigation, and Crime Scene Investigation.